Experienced Motor Technician
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Motor Technician , to join our team in Portarlington. Michael Moore Volkswagen Portarlington is part of Michael Moore Car Sales and enjoys an esteemed reputation for meeting and exceeding the highest level of standards within the motor trade. It is our driven and fulfilled staff, that lies at the core of our accomplishment. Michael Moore Car Sales Ltd is the Midlands leading motor retailer, with a franchise portfolio of brands including Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Volkswagen Passenger & Commercial & Škoda.
The ideal candidates will be based in our Portarlington dealership, be qualified in all aspects of vehicle servicing and diagnostics, and be capable of producing high-quality work in a busy environment for our Volkswagen passenger cars division.
· Performing work as outlined on the job card with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and Volkswagen standards.
· Communicating with parts department to obtain needed parts, inform workshop manager if a vehicle is awaiting parts and pursue special order of parts if necessary.
· Assist in diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform a repair after confirming authorization by the customer.
· Saving and tagging any and all parts of the job are under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examining the vehicle and performing vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notifying service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Road-testing vehicles to spot check work performed.
· Keeping abreast of Volkswagen technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
· Maintaining a clean and neat workspace and adhering to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards
· Qualified Vehicle technician, currently working in a franchised dealership or independent service centre and looking to progress your career.
· Ability to clearly complete job card write-ups with a thorough understanding of the requirements of factory standards for warranty write-ups.
· Good communication skills and the ability to identify and explain additional work required to service advisors or customers as required.
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Valid EU work permit & full valid driving licence.
An attractive package awaits the ideal candidate. We provide a highly competitive salary and Industry-leading training with genuine career development opportunities.
To apply, please complete the fields below and attach your CV.
Please note that we do not require an agency or 3rd party assistance with this vacancy and due to the high number of applications expected, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.